Storm Grate Filtration Quality is what the Dandy Sack is all about. The incredibly strong open-top bag is specially designed to hang underneath a storm grate to expertly filter the thickest sediment-laden storm water. The suspended solids are allowed to settle out of the slowed flow and are conveniently captured by the Dandy Sack prior to entering the inlet, making the sturdy Dandy Sack a storm water must.
Get Maximum Benefits with Dandy
- Affordable price
- Super easy installation. No rebar required
- Internal straps cradle the grate for added support and security when installing and removing
- Two-foot containment area is manageable
- Easily seen because it’s fabricated from a bright orange monofilament geotextile
- Available in three standard sizes to fit any variety of inlets
- Available with optional oil absorbents
- Available with patented curb-filtering technology (Dandy Curb Sack)
Installation and Maintenance Guidelines
- Remove the grate from catch basin.
- If using optional oil absorbents, place absorbent pillow in pouch on bottom of the unit.
- Stand the grate on end. Move the top lifting straps out of the way and place the grate into the Dandy Sack so that the grate is below the top straps and above the lower straps.
- Holding the lifting straps, insert the grate into the inlet.
- Remove all accumulated sediment and debris from vicinity of the unit after each storm event.
- After storm event and at regular intervals, look into Dandy Sack. If containment area is more than 1/3 full of sediment, the unit must be emptied.
- To empty unit, simply lift the unit using lifting straps and remove the grate. If using optional oil absorbents, replace absorbent pillow when near saturation.
To access our other sediment control and inlet protections solutions, please do so from the menu above or by returning to our sediment control solutions page.